[RC] Proud Flesh/wound treatment - Susan Favro

Darlene –

A customer of mine had a filly who de-gloved her front joint. She tried lots of different remedies and was having all kinds of problems getting the healing process to progress. She stopped by my booth at Paint World and bought some VetAg Wrap to try on the wound. She came back a few days later to say that the wound was healing beautifully, the filly was much happier and she felt that she had “turned the corner” in getting the healing process moving forward. She kept in contact with me and continued to have glowing reports on the rapid healing and comfort for her horse. So, what is VetAg Wrap?

It’s a medical grade nylon that’s plated with 99% pure silver. Silver has natural antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. It serves as a dressing that goes directly on the wound. You wet it (I recommend using T-Pro Wound Spray, but you can use plain water) and apply it directly to the wound site then cover it with your usual outer bandaging. It comes in a stretch cloth that’s 4”x24” so it can be used to wrap around a leg. It’s also economical. When it comes time to change the bandage, you remove the VetAg Wrap, rinse it in water and reapply the same piece then replace the outer bandaging. ). It will also inhibit the growth of proud flesh (as will the T-Pro Wound Spray).

Silver has been used since Macedonian times for wound healing and all kinds of other things (for instance, keeping water or wine fresh). With the advent of antibiotics, silver fell by the wayside but has recently been “re-discovered” as a wound treatment. I’ve used it on myself in numerous instances and have always been amazed at how well it worked (for example, when I was kicked right on the shin bone, I put VetAg Wrap on and the area never even bruised and there’s no scar).

Best of luck in getting your guy healed and healthy! If you have questions about VetAg Wrap, feel free to give me a call. It truly is an amazingly effective wound treatment product.

…S
Susan Favro
Healthy As A Horse Network
“Innovative effective products for horse and rider”
Official Sponsor: AERC (American Endurance Ride Conference)
Voice – 406.864.8000
Fax – 559.272.6093
Mobile – 406.370.6399
E-mail – Susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Online – www.HealthyAsAHorse.Net

From: "Darlene" <tutvey@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [RC]   Proud Flesh/wound treatment

Happy New Year everyone!

Does anyone know what is the latest protocol with regards to preventing =

proud flesh?   I have a just turned one year old who cut his hind leg =

(ripped skin off from knee down to coronet band) and shaved a few =

slivers off of his flexor tendon.