From: "Susan Favro" <susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Need saddle pad opinion
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 13:38:18 -0700

Keep in mind that any time there's a gel or air bladder in a pad, the
ability of the pad to move heat away is hampered if not complete blocked.
The Theraflex pad is an air bladder pad.

I wonder about some of the pad materials that are in contact with the
horse's back. Not to mention product names, but there's one that has "Scoot
Guard" type stuff of the contact surface. I think about that and wonder that
it must be uncomfortable and grabbing on the hair. Another looks like the
same material I've seen pot scrubbers made from. Seems like it would grab
the hair follicle and also be uncomfortable. I still like the idea of good
quality wool against my horse's back. I use the EquiPedic pad.

I've wondered if the high tech fibers in the wool backing of the EquiPedic
really do make a difference. I found out that for me the fibers did make a
difference! I wear the Equipedic Holosocks and find that my feet truly are
more comfortable at the end of working out or at the end of a long day on my
feet. The high-tech fibers in the foot of the sock are the same as the
high-tech fibers in the pad. If they are making my feet more comfortable,
I'm thinking my horse's back is also benefiting.

I have several demo EquiPedic pads that I make available at rides I'm
attending. If you're interested in trying one out, stop by and I'll loan it
to you. Probably the best testimony I've witnessed for the EquiPedic pad is
that every rider who's tried one of our EquiPedic demo pads has ended up
buying a pad.

.S
Susan Favro
Healthy As A Horse Network
"Innovative effective products for horse and rider"
Official Sponsor: AERC (American Endurance Ride Conference)
Voice - 406.864.8000
Fax - 559.272.6093
Mobile - 406.370.6399
E-mail - Susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx