[RC] weight-trucks - Dawn Simas

<<The specs say the dually only pulls 8800 pounds...I don't understand that. The other says it pulls 10000 pounds. Doesn't make sense to me. >>

PattyP,
What Dyane Smith said applies to this question.  Be careful to consider that the weight rating (GVWR) is not what it "pulls", but the weight rating of the truck/contents/tongue weight--just the truck's capacity rating.  The reason that the bigger one ton pulls less is because the truck probably weighs more...it has to pull itself too...  :)

Also, your confusion about the comment on "remember to take an automatic out of overdrive":  There is a button on an automatic truck that is usually called "Tow" or "Overdrive Off".  Push it when you are towing, otherwise you can lug the engine and damage/shorten the life of your tranny on automatics.

HTH,
Dawn

Ms. Dawn Simas
Director - Wild About Cats
Wild Feline Conservation, Education, and Rescue