Re: [RC] Conditioning info - MisticalRide

Hi Chelsea,

Sounds like a fun project. I am new to endurance, so everything I do is very basic. With that in mind I love the book Cross-Train Your Horse, by Jane Savoie. Has alot of Basic Dressage, and what I call "Brain Exercise" for my horse (and me). For example, Friday I was out on the trail for 7 hrs. Mostly trotting some canter, liesurly lunch in the park. My horse loves his "faster" day on the trail. I know with him if I do not use our next "work" as a slow, controled, "mind ride" I will be riding a real "brat". I think that soundness and condition are based on much more than just the physical I always love it when you are on an information "mission" I learn alot.

Elaine