Re: [RC] "Tis the Season" and perspective - Patty P

Wow Beth...your husband sounds like a real gem! You are blessed to have found him! And from the way you write, sounds like he is blessed to have met you too!

PattyP

-------Original Message-------

Date: 12/12/06 07:00:32
Subject: [RC] "Tis the Season" and perspective

Thank you, Bruce, for reminding us about our incredible blessings.

My life is put into perspective every Saturday when I come in from riding, having spent a wonderful day enjoying the trail, my horse, driving the rig, using the custom tack, etc.  (You all know how to do the math for what it takes to enjoy our sport.)  I share my experiences with my husband who then exchanges his morning's experiences with me.  He volunteers every Saturday with a group that recycles gently used household items and delivers them to abused women who have fled their homes with nothing, victims of natural disasters who lost everything, and those who through no fault of their own have found themselves suddenly in dire circumstances with literally not a mattress on the floor upon which to sleep.

And I am reminded again about what is really important.  And suddenly that longing for an lq trailer that I would so love to have someday quickly is put into perspective.  And yes, I think I can live without a hot shower on the Saturday nights I find myself at a ride.

I appreciate the good will and generous spirits of my endurance friends who have grown so dear to me these past few years.  And those friends on ridecamp that I will never meet but whose exchanges via e-mail have been so helpful -- thank you.

Blessings to all and may we not lose sight of the opportunities we have to encourage and assist one another in this wonderful sport.

Beth in Texas