From: Truman Prevatt [mailto:tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 2:38 PM
To: April
Cc: Jim Holland; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Wrist GPS

I just saw the Forerunner 305 has a heart rate monitor. Wonder if Roger
could get to work for a horse?

You'd have everything you need. BTW how good is the sensitivity of these
wrist units. The antenna's have to be less than optimal.

Truman

April wrote:
Hey, Jim,

No worries, it's easy to mix them up with so many units to choose
from. I thought maybe I had missed something about the Forerunner 101!

I didn't realize the Foretrex 101 units had download capabilities.
Might have to pick one of those up and play with it. If you're trying
to decide between a ForeTREX 101 and a ForeTREX 201, you're right, I
think the 101 would be a better choice because of the battery.

These aren't exactly later versions of the Forerunner. Just a slightly
different audience. The Forerunners are geared towards fitness buffs
with fitness-oriented features and the Foretrexes are geared towards
hikers and are more like the basic eTrex Yellows on a wrist. They're
more like parallel units than upgrades.

April
Nashville, TN
http://www.tracetribute.com