Re: [RC] [RC] Wrist GPS - April

Hey, Jim,

No worries, it's easy to mix them up with so many units to choose from. I thought maybe I had missed something about the Forerunner 101!

I didn't realize the Foretrex 101 units had download capabilities. Might have to pick one of those up and play with it. If you're trying to decide between a ForeTREX 101 and a ForeTREX 201, you're right, I think the 101 would be a better choice because of the battery.

These aren't exactly later versions of the Forerunner. Just a slightly different audience. The Forerunners are geared towards fitness buffs with fitness-oriented features and the Foretrexes are geared towards hikers and are more like the basic eTrex Yellows on a wrist. They're more like parallel units than upgrades.

April
Nashville, TN
http://www.tracetribute.com
http://endurancerider.blogspot.com