Re: [RC] [RC] Wrist GPS - April

From Garmin's web site:

Forerunner 101:

  • Measures speed, distance, pace and calories burned; no PC interface
  • Size: 3.3"W x 1.7"H x .9"D
  • Weight: 2.6 ounces (74 g) with batteries
  • Batteries: 2 AAAs; 15 hours
http://www.garmin.com/products/forerunner101/spec.html

Also the megaGPS web site you link states:
"Please note: The difference between the Forerunner 201 and the Forerunner 101 is the Forerunner 101 does not have PC interface capabilities, runs on 2 AAA batteries, and has larger unit dimensions."

This interests me that you have a cable and are able to use it with the Forerunner 101. What kind of trackpoint storage does the 101 have? Does it have to use a cradle like the 201?

My experience (and that of lots of other users) has been that the 201 does not have the same satellite reception as the 301. This is just user-reported, however. The 305 and 205, of course, have different chips, so are much better than either. And none of the Forerunner units are WAAS-enabled.

The 301 is no longer $300 for the unit. After the new 305 units came out the 301 dropped in price.

I really like the integrated heart rate for later data analysis and the computer track log. I used to keep track of my training on an Excel spreadsheet and if I forgot to update that, I just lost some data. Now the unit keeps track of all that for me and I just have to do the reports and look at the trends.

April
Nashville, TN
http://www.tracetribute.com
http://endurancerider.blogspot.com