From: Sky Ranch
Date: 02/02/06 09:15:55
Subject: Re: Roads to Durango

Gee, the road between Moab and Cortez is just fine, mostly 65 mph, 2 lane
blacktop.  Very scenic, too.  The road between Cortez and Durango is also
very scenic, mostly 65 mph some 2 lane, some 4 lane.

We do have a lot of dirt and gravel roads around here, but those are state
highways and are just fine for travel and pulling trailers.

I agree, if she isn't starting out in Moab, there could be a better way to
get to Durango.  If she's coming from the north, though, I wouldn't suggest
going through Silverton and Ouray -- that can be a difficult mountain road
even in the summer.  If she's coming from the west, I can't see many other
routes to Durango than through Cortez.

Carla Richardson
Colorado