Re: [RC] Hay prices - Ag47xAu49

In a message dated 2/1/2006 11:25:08 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Here in Napa Ca. The local feed store is at $17 a bale the last time I checked. Thinking about moving outa here for sure!
Is this a 3 string, 120 lb bale or just your average 2 string, 38-42" bale? Here I pay $35 for a 3' x 3' x 8' bale of grass (600 to 800 lb.) from the monastery up in the Ogden Valley. A 75 lb 2 string bale of alfalfa/grass or just alfalfa is $3.00 a bale, barn stored. We are talking purchasing from the grower not the middle man. So far, we still have enough farmers to buy from during the winter but fewer are there as time goes on, as it is everywhere. When I have to buy from the feed store is when I will not be able to afford my horses anymore. Beccy in Ut.