[RC] Ride Names - Pink Flamingo Classic - Broken Diamond Ranch

The Birth of the Pink Flamingo Classic:

I would like to say it was too much beer, margaritas, and chips around a campfire after a long hard ride formed The Pink Flamingo Classic when actually it was a silly, fun loving group of endurance riders and their "Lackies", having breakfast one morning at the cafe in Murphy, Idaho.

We were just goofing off and getting as tacky as we could, poking fun at ourselves for being trailer trash and came up with the ride.  It had all started with Cynthia Brown (with Team Hi-Tack), when she started decorating our camp with pink flamingos so our other team members could spot us when pulling in to camp.

Of course if any of you know Beth Bivins, Doug & Linda Walberg, Neil & Liz Smallwood, Toni & Len Corliss, and my husband, Craig, then you know the humor they bring to a gathering...the ride was born!

The goal of the The Pink Flamingo Classic is to have FUN!  No whining, no complaining, just fun, fun, fun!

Linda and I hope to see you all there...maybe not with bells on but at least with a few pink feathers poking out!

Sally

PS  Keep in mind, to those that are coming to the 2-day ride in July, there is an award for the Best Dressed Pink Flamingo.  Now that can be ANY flamingo, any way, any thing goes!  (keeping in mind safety and consideration for others...).