Re: [RC] re:girth - Sisu West Ranch

My old Aussie has two flaps the girth billets go between them.  It uses long girths like hunt seat saddles, but with wider buckles.  I had to do some sewing to modify an english girth when I switched to Neoprene.

If yours is not set up for long english girths, it may be set up for Dressage length.  Even my OF cutback needs 24" girths to work, 18" seems very short.

Personally, I would use longer girths.  The billets if very long can cut into the skin at the pits.  Wendy has had that trouble with Scab, but that is another problem relating to training issues and cruppers.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875