Re: [RC] Eliminating risk of mare impregnation - noninvasive - Sisu West Ranch

If your mare is bred by a wandering stallion, talk to a good lawyer.   Most, if not all, jurisdictions require the owner, keeper, or harbourer of bulls, rams, and stallions keep them under control, period.

If it is your own stallion, shame on you.  Invest in a proper stallion paddock or call the vet for brain surgery.

Our winter pasture, is right next to our neighbor's stallion pen.  The pen is both heavy duty panels, and electric wire.  The mares and the stallion tease all early spring.  Neither of us have any worries, the pen is proper.  Last spring it was a good thing.  The mare we wanted to breed, came real strongly into heat early.  We noticed and ordered the semen.  The year before we had worked from April to August with no pregnancy.  The result this year is my next endurance Arab/saddlebred will be born early March.

By the way, I've ordered a bay colt, 4 black feet and a small star.  I love living in the 21st century, where I can choose from any stallion in the country and let FedEx do the transportation.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875