[RC] Best condition judging - sherman

It doesn’t make “perfect” sense to me, as the bigger rider often has a bigger horse, that has been conditioned to carry that bigger rider. Maybe in a perfect world, the ratio of rider weight to horse weight would considered, rather than just the weight division.

However, if you feel your weight division is keeping you from getting a BC, you could always add weight to your horse while conditioning & during the ride. I’m not exactly sure how it’s done, but I know some events require minimum weight, so it is not an uncommon thing to do.

Kathy

I have a question about the "best condition" award. As I've mentioned I haven't even done a ride yet, but someday after I've been doing it for awhile I'd like to get into it competitively and go for top ten and such (hey...let me dream!). From reading and talking to other people that have been on rides and shown for best condition someone under the featherweight category doesn't get it very often. I know that in judging for it they take into account how much weight your horse carried on the ride. This makes perfect sense to me because it doesn't seem very fair to judge a horse who carried 130 pounds the same as a horse who carried 230. My question is since I am in the featherweight category will I ever have a very good chance of getting BC?

Chelsea