Re: [RC] [RC] camping and generators Don't be haters - oddfarm

Alrighty people, take a deep breath.

Just because certain material keeps some people warm, doesn't mean it will keep others warm. No one has suggested being inconsiderate and running generators no matter what. Just because some of us like creature comforts doesn't mean the rest of you die hards should want us to choke on carbon monoxide. Please bring your kids and camp anyway you want to. Golly Angie, you can "one up" better than anyone else I know. ;)

We all have different ideas about camping. So what? It is not something to argue about and it certainly isn't something that deserves so much negative discussion. I don't know why so many people think so many other people should be just like them. Rigid and unforgiving may be a little strong but that is what pops out the most to me.

By the way, when I write things like "so what" and "what's the big deal?", before you comment back, think for just a second.

I don't mean it as "I'll do whatever I want", I mean it as "In the big scheme of things, how important is it for me to get upset over that? So what if you got up and turned on your generator? Maybe you have someone in your trailer that needs a nebulizer to breath every now and again. Maybe you need to keep your generator on for heat because even though your mom is fighting cancer and has a hard time regulating her body temp, she still came to help out with the kids. My, doesn't that paint a different picture? I never suggested breaking rules, but I did suggest a little *flexibility* goes a long way.

No one caught that, I guess.

What's the big deal if camping ain't what it use to be? If I don't like it, I don't have to go. The whole world is changing. I can either deal with it, and practice my anger management, (and I DO need practice) or I can stay home. I can't police the whole world. Nor do I want to. That is way more stress than I am prepared to deal with. I'll let the rest of you do it.

Geeze, somebody needs to go for a ride.
Lisa Salas, The Odd Farm