Re: [RC] More on the Netherlands video - Laney Humphrey

I lived in the province neighboring Friesland to the east, Groningen, for a year. There was a (to me) wonderful outdoor market in the main square of the city of Groningen. I learned very early that there was one line of stalls I didn't want to go near: the ones that sold horsemeat. I never thought to ask any of my Dutch friends about how common it was to eat horsemeant, but certainly common enough to support several market stalls. It was fun to go out into the countryside and get my horse fix by watching the big, black horses in the fields: friesians, later to become very "in" but then and there just the normal farm horse.
Laney
Lynne Glazer wrote:
Thank you for your research. My source was from the Netherlands as well.

Lynne