Re: [RC] [RC] trailer loading/unloading - heidi larson

Jessica Spoone-Raines <jspoone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for jumping
to the conclusion that I don't train my horses.

Jessica, I'm guessing that your post is referring to mine that I've cut/pasted below. If there is ANYTHING in my post that even remotely refers to your lack of training I will wholeheartedly apologize.  I can personally see nothing that would warrent such a comment from you.  I only posted my opinion in reference to personal experiences to show that horses should back out of horse trailers.  Then again, maybe "I'M" the one jumping to conclusions that you're actually referring to my comments/post!  :)

I've seen a horse slip on the pee'd on mats (new 2-horse slant/rubber mats) and fall and rap one back cannon bone pretty hard.  Plus if they ever have to load in a straight load, you can't always swing the divider to allow them to turn around and some horses have gotten stuck trying.  One Morgan I know jumped forward into the manger and was still tied, took two people and tools to get him out.  I'm leasing a mare that swung around before I could react and almost knocked me over coming out.  (She had to get back in and back out 4 or 5 times before she got put away.)

heidi