[RC] [RC] Trailer loading - sherman

My old neighbor was a retired deputy sheriff from southern CA, and actually had the misfortune of coming upon a truck trailer stopped alongside the highway. When he checked it out, he found the driver deceased inside the trailer, squished by the horse. I also avoid getting into a trailer with a horse.

Kathy

Agree with you on this.  If you lead them in then when you "back out" they tend to follow.  My youngest horse prefers to lead himself into the trailer.  Maybe he doesn't like the two of us together in such close quarters as much as I don't like it!  I really hate being in the trailer with a horse...too scary for me, especially a straight load (escape door or not)!  I'd rather let them go in by themselves.

I have a slant load and it's definitely not totally impossible to send a horse into a slant load without you leading them in.  Both of mine will do it, but they also know "WAIT" and won't move until I tell them too.  And that includes getting out of the trailer.

Stacy