[RC] [RC-Digest] Colicky mare - Jacobsjazz

I have a 20 year old Saddle bred mare.  There are days when she does not eat her beet pulp/grain mix.  She will lay down, curl her upper lip, her gut sounds are always pretty normal.  I give her aloe Vera juice on her feed for a few days after she goes off her feed.  This seems to help.  She can also be a bit cinchy at times.  I started thinking it may be a problem with ulcers rather than a colic.

Belinda
--- Begin Message ---
I have a 20 year old Saddlebred mare.  There are days when she does not eat her beet pulp/grain mix.  She will lay down, curl her upper lip, her gut sounds are always pretty normal.  I give her aloe vera juice on her feed for a few days after she goes off her feed.  This seems to help.  She can also be a bit cinchy at times.  I started thinking it may be a problem with ulcers rather than a colic.

Belinda

--- End Message ---