[RC] [RC] Trailer loading - sherman

IMHO, even on a horse that is known not to pull and will stay tied in the trailer without pulling it’s best not to “securely” tie unless the gate is closed behind them first, and then, never open that gate until they are untied. You just don’t know when something might startle or spook the horse and if they pull with that gate open they can get legs stuck under the trailer, whack their heads so hard they break bones, etc. I’ve seen it happen many times, with owners who have owned & trailered horses for many, many years without incident, then one day, it happens. Prevention is easier than dealing with an injury.

Debbie, you referred to a “clip” in your post, are you talking about the blocker or Aussie “tie ring” that the rope will slide through if they put pressure on it? I’d rather use a long rope that will slide easily so I can control the amount of pressure on it as the horse tries to back out. JMHO.

Kathy

I love the Circles, and have done that, the not tieing for you is the part

that worries me the most, could you get "A CLIP" that would allow her to

pull with out sitting back, and eventually quit pulling, it sounds like that

is the missing link for you, she is not standing tied for you, so if she

pulles on the clip and comes out, go un clip it and move her in circles...

that way she will not get hurt...

Does she tie well outside the trailer?? if not you might want to practice

with the clip not in the trailer,

Don't you hate it when there is something missing in the process, that you

just can not get your finger on to get them over the Hump for something???

been there done that, hopefully something someone says will Click with you,

and work... good luck...

Debbie