Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Trailer loading - Debbie Kirchner

On 12/5/06, sherman <sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Debbie, you referred to a "clip" in your post, are you talking about the blocker or Aussie "tie ring" that the rope will slide through if they put pressure on it? I'd rather use a long rope that will slide easily so I can control the amount of pressure on it as the horse tries to back out. JMHO.

Kathy

Kathy, she would have to be safe, I agree, and yes the Clip is like Clinton's only nicer cause it clips on where you want to use it, let me see if I can get the link, Cathy sells them at Hillview farms...

it is on that page scroll down to it... there is a video that shows how to use it, I have not bought them yet, but have many of the products on that page.. and the clip is on my list for spring....

my feeling about ropes is they pull and have no learning really, and you can get a rope burn, not fun... I think if she used this, it would help teach the horse to tie, if she does not already tie... of course outside the trailer first, then inside... I think the making them move the feet idea is great too... I was just brainstorming and giving her an idea, I do belive I said, listen to your own wisdom about it too.. if not, I should have...

Debbie ~Someday, I will soar with the Eagles....
Until then, I float on the back of a barefoot gaited Morgan~
New Silver Solution a Patented Broad-Spectrum Antimicrobial Agent
automaticbuilder.com/soda/silver