[RC] Kentucky Diehards at Shakertown - Jerry Whelan

Jim Rogan hosted a wonderful ride this past weekend at Shaker village near Lexington KY.  Jim had an entire staff of non-riders working the ride so that all his friends could ride!!!(how thoughtful is that!!) anyway, It was a beautiful sunny day with around 50 riders starting off the new ride year on the 2nd day of December.  Karen Cummings won the 50 on First Knight and Bill Wilson was 2nd and BC on I Am Amazing(which Bill LOVES to tell everyone that HE is the one that is amazing) which, considering he is 71 and did 41 rides last year and 1600 miles on one horse, I think he just may be right!!!!
Other finishers were Betsy Knight and a friend of hers on their first ride, Kellie Moore, Cheryl Fenton, Deb DeWolfe,Debbie Fitch,Linda Jacobson, Josie Whelan (and me, Amy, her mom) Farazad, Mary Page,Alice Goff, Steve Cummings,Mary Cheimelski, Mary Mast, leah Palistrant, and a few whose names escape me(I was way in back, so I didnt see some of them)

In the 25, Patricia Bullock won on her first ride since July , she is coming back from breast cancer and knee surgery, we were so happy to see her back on her horse.

We hope alot more of you will come to Kentucky next year and try out this scenic ride in a very historic setting.

Thanks again jim and Marty,

Amy Whelan