[RC] big horses - Juli Bechard

I get picked on constantly for riding Alpine…at 14.1hh and about 800 pounds.  And you know, he has NO problem carrying my 200+ self as far as I ask (providing I give him a properly fitting saddle).  I always laugh at them, cause when we are out on the trail, they get the banana spiders in the face, and I duck right under them.  And I am the one with more horse at the end of the day.

Having said that, I had my first dressage lesson in 8 years today.  Oh My!  I forgot how much they hurt after the fact.  I have GOT to get back in shape.  And work on:  1.  Not leaning forward and 2.  Not looking down.  Sigh…  However, I got told my legs are good, and that my horse has a fantastic trot.

He’s a Paso Fino.

Hehe

Juli and the Herd

Alpine (ugh… I haven’t had to work THAT hard in awhile.  I am beginning to think mom is serious about getting back into shape)

Merlin (I watched the whole thing!  Then I took a nap.  Dressage is hard work)