From: heidi larson <ribbitttreefrog@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC] ? Waterproofing with Thompson's Water Seal

I haven't tried it Susan.? However, I have used Nikwax Rug Proof and if you've never used detergent to wash your blankets, it will work, if you've used detergent, it really makes it hard to re-waterproof. There is a "blanket lady" in our area that swears by a product called Aquatite.? I've not tried it, so I can't give a pro or a con.? The first person that comes up with a guaranteed product shall be very wealthy, as my horses are not hard on their blankets, but they will outlast their waterproof abilities..? (And, as a side note, I will never buy less than a 1200 denier, as these just don't seem to last more than one season - in their proofing that is!)

? heidi

? ? ? Ok, so my horses have more blankets than I do, all purchased when I was a much richer (or dumber) person...anyway, they are all in good condition, except that they no longer keep the water out.

? I have a friend who recommended Thompson's Water Seal--you know, what is used on decking?? It actually comes in a spray can...so, has anyone else tried it??

? Susan
? sjthephoto at aol dot com

With Warm Regards,
Candace Kahn? BE ONE WITH YOUR HORSE