Re: [RC] unable to shoe - Julienne

I can sympathize.  My 1/2 paso fino/arab mare has always been very jumpy with shoes.  For her it's not so much the nails but the hammering.  I see that she flinches even when the farrier shapes the shoe on his anvil..  This is a pretty quiet mare also..  nothing really phases her, but the hammer pounding away is something she's just never gotten used to.

I pulled her shoes since she's laid up this winter and being barefoot most of her life I'm pretty happy with the way her feet are looking now.  Shoes really did a number on her.. contracted feet, seperation of the white line, ugh.  I had a number of bad farriers..  :(

Julienne
& Isabella