RE: [RC] [RC] re: endurance riders aloof? I don't think so - Rae

I’m sure I may give that impression too – that I’m aloof or rude, but hey, I’m deaf and sometimes hearing aid batteries go out in the middle of the trail, so no, I may not hear someone shouting behind me that they want to pass.  Plus, you’d be surprised at how loud wind is in a microphone.  Sometimes I can’t even hear the person right next to me over it.

Rae

Tall C Arabians – Central

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dawn Carrie
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 3:41 PM
To: Lynne Glazer
Cc: MisticalRide@xxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Camp
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] re: endurance riders aloof? I don't think so

Keep in mind that what one person finds "aloof and rude" may be quite twisted.  A friend told me about someone (and I happen to know this person) who does NATRC, and went to an endurance ride about a year ago.  She decided after that ride that she'd stick with NATRC, because endurance riders were rude and stand-offish...when asked what she meant, she told my friend that whenever she'd arrive at a NATRC ride, other riders would immediately drop everything and come over and help her set up her camp, horse pen, etc....and endurance riders didn't do that.  (!!!!)  Turns out that, at least at the NATRC rides she attends, people get extra points or something like that for going out of their way to help other people.  Hmmm...take away the points incentive, and let's see how "helpful" those people would be.  <G>  Bet they'd be just like endurance riders...friendly, but not falling all over themselves to wait on one another hand and foot.  LOL

Dawn in East Texas