she'd never heard/read them! So here's what she said about those warranties...

The customer service rep may not have read it from the actual website, but it's the same warranty info that you are reporting below. It's the same document that is universally used.

The problem with the vendor you mentioned has been an ongoing problem, and the fact that you reported who they were had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we already knew they were violating policy and have been working to correct the problem.

#1 - with the receipt from ANY dealer on brandnew Easyboots you get a 90 day
'defect' warranty. Doesn't matter if I buy them from Easycare, Jeffers or an
eBay vendor. The 'defect' warranty is only for replacement/repair of defective
materials - IF - the company decides it was defective - not caused through
NORMAL use (or misuse)

That is correct. As long as the Ebay vendor is selling legitimately the warranty stands.

#2 - If you buy it - and you realize they don't perform the way you were led
to believe.. WOOPS! Hope you didn't actually PUT it on your horse - since they
ONLY give money back on boots that do not appear to have been used.

That is also correct. However, customers have been able to put boots on a horse and found they were the incorrect size and exchanged them because they kept them clean.

#3 - Those warranty cards you get with the boas - aren't neccessary. Since
you still need to keep the original reciept - and you only get the warranty as
detailed in #1 & #2. They just like to keep a file of people that bought the
product. (Probably to send catalogs to, possibly creating a 'sales list' like
most other retailers do - and then sell to other companies.....)
- LP (investigative reports......)

That is also correct, you don't actually have to send the warranty card in. We don't sell or give our customer list to anybody. Catalogs are only sent upon request. There is other information on the card that is useful for us to have.

I just don't think it's fair to the network of EasyCare dealers to sit by and let people post about buying a product for under retail. It's also not fair to other consumers.

Karen