RE: [RC] to blanket or not - Alison Farrin

Here in almost always sunny southern california, I do blanket (read waterproof lightweight turnouts) when we get a soaking chilly rain.  Two reasons.  One is that my horses have no windbreak and no shelter - hey its sunny 350 days a year! - and second is that their 2 acre drylot turns to mud city.  So, I abate any possible case of the shivers by keeping most of the body dry and I keep most of the mud on the blanket and not on the horse when  I want to ride later!  This year I got a smoking deal on waterproof turnout sheets for $25 each.  Even if they shred them over the season, its worth it not to have to spend an hour currying off mud just to find space for the saddle!

Alison A. Farrin
858-748-6500 X107
14251 Danielson St. Poway, Ca 92064

I would add, though, that dirt is not a factor here when it is truly winter--there isn't any dirt exposed for them to get into, so they stay pretty clean, even if ridden.

Heidi

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: IRS regulations effective June 20, 2005, require us to notify you that this communication was not intended or written by this TPA firm to be used, and cannot be used, by you as the taxpayer, for the purpose of avoiding penalties that the IRS might impose. You should seek the opinion of an appropriate tax advisor regarding information contained here within. PLEASE NOTE: This message, including any attachments, may include privileged, confidential and/or inside information. Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Thank you.