[RC] Paint horses in distance riding - Susan Favro

I have an 8YO, 15.3hh, white/roan registered Paint I’ve ridden for the past two seasons – though I’ve not been able to ride as many rides as I would have liked. He has a very thoroughbred-style build (vs a more quarter-horse style body shape) and has done fine on LDs and 50s. He doesn’t pulse down as quickly as the Arab breeds, but I now know what to expect (what is normal for him) and will walk in for the last half mile or so to get him to criteria more quickly. He has a wonderful temperament and the endurance riding has also helped to smooth out his trot (he’s less of a jack hammer now).

…S
Susan Favro
Healthy As A Horse Network
“Innovative effective products for horse and rider”
Official Sponsor: AERC (American Endurance Ride Conference)
Voice – 406.864.8000
Fax – 559.272.6093
Mobile – 406.370.6399
E-mail – Susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx