[RC] Meet Our newest Endurance Team member.... - Spottedracer

Those of you who've done rides in the Middle TN area - may have noticed our rather obnoxious big red trailer &truck.. Painted all over with 'Team Arthritis'.. Yep, that's our official team name - sometimes just one member is riding, sometimes three. We're a very small team, just a bunch of friends with various health problems (everyone also has a form of Arthritis to boot!)

Yesterday, we accepted our newest member to our little team. She's perfectly healthy, full of energy, and her chatter never stops! **grin**

Yep, my young daughter and her spunky 13hh, SSpony proved they could handle an LD yesterday! We did 8 miles on the rolling bridle paths at Edwin Warner Park - in just over an hour. I was riding my spunky Ginger - who got stronger-and-faster the longer we rode. And that little pony paced (or should I say 'Singlefooted') right with her stride-for-stride! Both the pony and Ginger were wanting to gallop the whole way.. Plenty of energy coming off the trail for more racing...

This is the FIRST trail ride that I've ever let my 7-year-old daughter off of a leadline. She and Cherokee did wonderfully! Even constantly threatening to pass 'ol mom! I should've known - since they've been cantering, low jumping, and doing barrels in the arena for up to 2 1/2 hours straight in the last few weeks...

The kicker is that my daughter has NEVER had long enough legs to use stirrups. (Mom's just 4'10" - real Dad is 5'2" - so she's a 'midget' too!!!) Never learned to, doesn't need to, so she rides 'stirrupless' like 'ol mom...

Guess we'll be scheduling the Pyramid again. It's rather boring, but a perfect course for a young rider's first!!
- LP