[RC] loose manure - Dawn Simas

My new 7 year old mare has always had sort of loose manure piles and I've been trying to figure out why and firm her up...  I feed grass hay and LMF Super Supplement G (1 lb a day as instructed) and Grand Hoof.  She has a clean water source and grazes on pasture for turnout.  She's not been in any stressfull conditioning yet, just lightly ridden once or twice a week.  I've done fecal floats on her (I test my horses rather than worm them) and they were negative twice (spring and fall).  However, just to be sure, I went ahead and wormed her with Zimectrin Plus because of the loose stool two months ago and no change.  Here are other things I've tried:

Reduced the LMF supplement to 1/2 lb daily, and then most recently removed it entirely two weeks ago.
Added 2 lbs of shredded beet pulp mash daily.
All supplements other than hay are fed in two separate feedings a day, rather than all at once.
Have also tried other hays (orchard grass and alfalfa) for 3 months.
Reduced grazing when the pasture was rich.
Removed entirely from pasture while she was at the trainer for 3 months.

None of these things effected her manure.  It varies anywhere from a pile of soft semi-formed apples, to a cow pie.  But never a nice segmented pile of apples like my gelding...  Is this a mare thing and hormones?  I'm new to mares...

Thanks for suggestions!
Dawn

Ms. Dawn Simas
Director - Wild About Cats
Wild Feline Conservation, Education, and Rescue