Re: [RC] Truck tires - Sisu West Ranch

"...the weight of my LQ Trailer I needed the best on the back....HUM ??? ..."

Yup.  There are no pat answers for anything.  Rear tires will wear faster when habitually heavily loaded.  For this reason frequent rotation is recommended.

I would consider the possibility that your rear tires are not run at the proper inflation level.  You probably need them inflated, not to the level on the door or the level a tire guy would do with an unloaded truck, but to the maximum pressure listed on the sidewalls.  You will get better tread life and definitely decrease the chance of a blow out.

Most blow outs happen when flexing of the side walls of the tire at high speed, on a hot day, cause enough heat buildup to weaken the tire.  At a higher pressure, the sidewalls flex less and less heat builds up etc.  In fact if you are willing to take a bit more risk of tire failure due to a road hazard (running over a sharp object etc) you can even run 10 lbs over the side wall number.  Like most things in life, that number is a compromise between heat build up and road hazard resistance.  You pays your money and takes your choice.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875