Re: [RC] One Way to Endure - Truman Prevatt

Thanksgiving day weekend was the opening of bird season when I was a kid. My grandfather, uncle and later my cousin when he got big enough to walk 10-15 miles packing a shot gun would all get up early and go bird hunting Thanksgiving morning while my grandmother fixed a Thanksgiving feast.

By the time we got back we usually needed it because the normal weather on Thanksgiving day was normally cold and drizzle. We were soaked to the bone and frozen. The weather notwithstanding, in our horse Thanksgiving day was truly one of the more joyous days of the year.

Now we get together with some of our local riding buddies and celebrate an afternoon of food, drink and "swapping lies." It has always been a day to spend at home with friends and/or family relax, unwind and be thankful for how blessed we really are to have good friend we can be with and good horses we can ride and a country where we can enjoy both our good friends and good horses.

Truman

frank solano wrote:

It must be Hope.
I hope you have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving. If not in the actual celebration of the day, perhaps in your heart where time does not exist, loss does not live forever and Love and Hope are the senior residents and seem to be in good health.
Frank

--

"Life is about obstacles. Endeavors in life are not to be overlooked. Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react to what happens. Not by what life brings us, but the attitude we bring to life." Wade Boggs, on his induction to the baseball hall of fame.