RE: [RC] FEI Championships - Christina McCarthy

As the owner of ONE horse that I have been competing on for the last two 1/2 years, I agree with you Angie.  I do not have a "string" of endurance horses to choose from...only my one guy, who I have been taking my time with training, entering him in two CTR's to learn more about "taking care of one's horse", entering him in numerous Hunter Paces, exposed him to Fox Hunting and train him on the trail (throw in some ring work for balance, cadence and disapline.  I have also crewed at a popular AERC event to learn what goes on.  I don't think I will ever be in the WEC league...however if I was I would be concerned about my horse first, then for "going for the gold"...so that is why I would probably never qualify.  My horse comes first..my personal ambitions, desires etc haven't any business in that relationship.  I can only speak for myself, and certainly not critisize other's who think/act differently...I think that if one is not enjoying what they are doing as well as the horse...they shouldn't either do it, or need a rehaul priorities wise.  You will know who I am...I'll be the one grinning ear to ear because my horse and I are having FUN...because we are both conditioned and prepared.

Respectfully,
Christina McCarthy