Re: [RC] [RC] Who is thinking of doing their first hundred in 2007? - Dawn Carrie

All great suggestions, Patti!  I'm heading to the Goethe Challenge in Florida (Dec. 16) to do my second 100 (barring any crisis between now and then).  A friend from Houston is coming with me to do her and her horse's first 100!!  If anyone is teetering on the edge of trying to decide whether to give the 100 a shot, but is worried about riding alone, you're welcome to join us.  We won't be riding fast, just slow 'n steady, but we plan to finish, good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise.  :)

A good CT region 100 (and the one I did as my first) is Bluebonnet Classic in May.  All vet checks in camp, well managed, etc.  Trail is easy, pretty flat, plenty of water.

Give a 100 a try...honestly, you'll be amazed at what your horse can do if you just go slow and steady!

Dawn in East Texas