Re: [RC] Question for you with turtle awards - how fast do you trot? - JANUSTUDIO

I have a horse like that! And you are right, after riding a horse that flies down the trail at a good trot, it feels like we are crawling..
But, he is half QH, so I think that is some of it... However, we worked and worked on the longer strides and getting him to develop a good ground covering trot.
At first, when he finally 'found' it, it made his back sore, so I backed off of it and just urged him to it at short intervals until he got conditioned for it.  He attitude determines how big his trot is or if he thinks he needs to canter... But he has improved so much that I can say to you that your horse probably can do it too.
I don't mind cantering though, if the trails allow for it. It gives us both a break from the constant trotting.
Good luck!

Janice