Re: [RC] Old fashion pony express kinda style race - Lucinda Carpe

AMEN----well said Angie...Did not want to answer this one as the writer seemed to know she would get some flack...However I am always amazed at people who are willing enough to harm their animals for "sport".
A race like that would carry a huge high and unacceptable (to me) risk.
Lucinda

"rides2far@xxxxxxxx" <rides2far@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
race. Over about 500-800 miles, possibly with vet checks. stopping of
course along the way at each check point. anything goes,

Gosh I hope not. :-P If you're looking for something different than
regular endurance I know of a competition in Scotland where they have
teams that start something like 200 miles from a given destination,
but they have to plot their own course across the mountains, bogs,
etc. so they're all on different routes. Just a group of 3 riders
headed across country dealing with what comes up. They scout ahead
for months choosing their routes. It's kinda a private affair that is
invitation only I believe, but they love it.

If you wanna play Hidalgo you better have a huge cast of support
people and two or three more horses painted to match the one you're
gonna hurt.

Angie