RE: [RC] [RC] Daily Care Costs - Alex Ward

I agree strongly about the use of Strongid C.  I use it for both of my horses.  One is a young Arab who is turning out to be too small for me (about 15 HH and I'm 6'4'') and the other is an Andalusian/Belgian cross who is my size (16.3HH and about 1600 lbs).  Not only does the Strongid seem to enhance the overall health and reduce the risk of colic, but it does make their coat shiny!  It is odd that I am usually the only owner at the barn(s) who uses it.

I also subscribe to the Pfizer PreventiCare program through my vet. The PreventiCare Colic Assistance Plan, if your horse colics and requires surgery, will reimburse the operating surgeon for surgical costs and three days of aftercare up to $5,000.  This is a good addition to the peace-of-mind emergency fund.

Alex Ward

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Patricia Israelson
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 1:42 PM
To: Ride Camp
Subject: [RC] Daily Care Costs

For what it's worth Mickey.......Strongid C is an excellent wormer given daily to a horse.  They also have a program that you can sign up for thru your vet that will cover vet expenses if your horse colics while on their product.  I don't have all the details, talk to your vet about it.  I have all my horses on Strongid C and have never had one colic on me.  I use a paste wormer twice a year (when they get their spring and fall shots) to cover bots and tapes.  An added benefit to the Strongid C is a beautiful shiny coat.   Hope this info helps you plan your expenses.      Patty Israelson