Re: [RC] Ain't doing right - long - Distance_Ryder

I found, like Chris Paus said, that I was riding slightly unbalanced in the saddle, what I found out after trying many exercises for myself to fix it, was that *I* needed the chiropractor!!!!!!!! And the *wahlaa* it was fixed;-)

Chris Paus <chrisnstar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The problem may not be entirely saddle fit. It may also be riding. I THOUGHT I was a balanced rider until I broke down and went for some dressage lessons. The instructor put me on his lesson horse on a lunge line. I didn't get reins for quite a while. OMG, I had no idea how unbalanced i really was and how much I was balancing myself on the horse's mouth via the reins.

If this were my horse, I'd do several things.

1. REALLY REALLY check saddle fit. Buy or borrow a Port Lewis impression pad, or hire a reputable saddle fitter.

2. Get the horse some chiropractic care with a reputable veterinary chiro. Make sure the person is certified with the AVCA.. the ONLY  accrediting association in the country for veterinary chiros. There's a lot of fly  by nights out there masquerading as chiros.

3. Get yourself some chiro care. It's likely that you have been out of balance because you also are "crooked."

4. Get someone to give you some lessons on the lunge line to work on centering yourself while you ride. Your horse will thank you immensely and you will find that the long rides are much easier to do.

Your horse may have good metabolics now, but as the discomfort progresses and you add up the miles, the discomfort is going to start affecting other body systems.

Good luck.

"Whisper words of wisdom, let it be." The Beatles

Chris