Re: [RC] Bucking/what you think when you KNOW you're going DOWN! - JANUSTUDIO

In a message dated 11/4/2006 11:45:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, suzboyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

And on to your bucking problem....if it was me(and Thank God its
not!!)(this time), I would find a long, long hill to ask him to canter
up. Not too steep, just a nice steady slope. I always canter green
horses for the first time on a gradual uphill slope. They have to work
too hard to run off, and it is too hard for them to buck more than a
couple times.

JUst my experience,
Suzanne

I've done that, and it works 'if there happens to be a hill' to do it on.  He sometimes displays this attitude when we start up a climb. Head snakes down, crow hops, etc.  I've learned to push him on at a good clip, but not cantering, to the top without stopping for anything.  I finally did get his pulse above his usual 136 the last time we did this.  He was asking to slow, but Momma was having none of it... The attitude change was great.  But, sometimes those hills just aren't where you want them to be...<g>
Jan