[RC] snakes - Merryben

I actually used a piece of tubing on one of our pasture horses who was bitten.  It worked fine.

I have had two others get bitten, one on the bottom lip and one on the edge of the nostril.  Both could still breathe through both sides.  The swelling is tremendous.  All three were put on antibiotics twice a day and recovered fine.  The interesting thing was that non of them sloughed necrotic tissue as I was afraid they would.  Once the swelling went down you couldn't see any bite marks left.................mb