[RC] Snake bites - Patricia Israelson

My question to Ride Camp is;  what kind of snake bite causes the most problems.  I live in Texas where we have an abundance of rattlesnakes and copperheads.  I have killed four copperheads in my barn (and made the largest one into a great hatband!).  Fortunately, none of my horses have been bitten by a snake...knock on wood!...but it never hurts to know what to do if it happens.  Your opinions please.......Thanks!     Patty I