Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 1:23 PM
Subject: [RC] Fast rides~Decade Plus Horses~

Horses can be raced and have long careers.

In addition to Kalil I offer the following observations:

R.O. Grand Sultan -
     -over 10,000 miles,
     -3 World Championship,
     -won North American Championship in 1985,
     -5th and  Best Condition at the World Championship in 1999
     -completed 100 mile ride and tie in his early 20s
R.T. Muffin
     -more wins and BCs than any horse in AERC history
     -over 9000 miles
     -won North American in 1991
     -came back from serious injury in I believe 1992 to compete for serveral
      more years with junior rider
Ramegwa Drubin
     -19 consecutive years of AERC completions and still competing at age 23 in 2006
       and gaining almost all A's on vet card.
     -37 AERC 100s with 13 wins - majority of 100s in top3
     -9 100s with 7 wins, 2nd, and 3rd and 5 BCs in 1992

I believe all these horses were trained carefully without too many mile in training.
They were also given good rest after major competitions.

Stagg Newman
information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.