Re: [RC] NOT LD or 50 - LD AND 50 and Novice - Truman Prevatt

From where I stand I don't see there are that many folks that have a problem with LD's. I suspect the anti-LD-BC crown is a small, but a somewhat vocal, minority that lets view be know in a volume that is disproportionate to thier numbers. Many riders are riding both LD's and endurance some on the same horse. Many people are ride just LD's because that is what they want to do. Many ride managers have been running LD's for years, giving BC in LD's etc. without a whole lot of ado. In most regions there is not a issue.

I don't see where the current system is broke. I don't see where the rules need to be changed. Personally I suspect if the anti-LD crowd were ignored they would eventually give up.

Truman

Diane Trefethen wrote:

This way the supporters of LD as a venue in its own right would get FULL equality with the long rides. No more kvetching about being inferior. If problems crop up in the future, address them then instead of second guessing the capabilities of LD riders today.

The anti-LD-BC crowd would get their Novice venue for newcomers, a safe place with stringent rules to protect horses of any age from inexperienced riders.

Everyone wins. And the best part, we can get on with making the WHOLE sport better instead of wasting our energy on this stupid bickering.

--

“Ethical axioms are found and tested not very differently from the axioms of science. Truth is what stands the test of experience.” Albert Einstein