RE: [RC] something in my horse's ears? - Susan E. Garlinghouse, D.V.M.

Aural plaques, a reaction to fly bite allergies.  They won’t go away entirely, but may reduce somewhat with a steroid cream like triamcinolone.  Use a face mask with ears to help prevent further formation.

Susan Garlinghouse, DVM

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lori Greene
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 3:54 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] something in my horse's ears?

My horse has something in her ears, bumps, different sizes, flat,clustered like what warts would be on there noses, only not warts.  Not flaky, dry, weeping, at all, but in both ears, and looks like there are a few bumps that look the same around the eye, (not eyelid)  getting vet checked, but was curious to ask here until we get there?  Any ideas?

Thanks much!