Re: [RC] Horrible accident - why? - susan cooper

Lysane Cree <lysanec@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
 I would think that the law on this issue is probably the same everywhere (at least in North America), but I don't know that for a fact :)  Certainly the law is that way here, the owner is liable for the actions of its animals.<<

Well, I was thinking about that.  Here in Nevada, it is a "free range" state, and if livestock is hit by a car, the driver of the car is responsible.  They are also supposed to re-emburse the livestock owner for the cost of the livestock.  And horses are considered livestock.

Susan in NV

Happy High Desert Trails

Susan in NV
Nevermore Ranch http://users.oasisol.com/nevermore/