Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Mane mites (Northern Fowl Mite) - Sunnyland

>>"From: rides2far@xxxxxxxx   It's called RID "bedding spray" or
something like that, and you can get it at the drug store. (for human head lice)".>>  I tried the shampoo version and that didn't work for us. It is milder, if I'm remembering correctly though, than the bedding spray. The couple horses that have the problem, only have it in the mane- not the tail or elsewhere. When I asked the vet to do a scraping, he looked and said, "I don't see any indication of a parasite".  He suggested Vit E/ Selenium.  I tried that for 1 month with no improvement.  Certainly wish I'd said "just do a scraping" to the vet!  I'm going to try the pour-on ivermectrin, Barb.  Thanks for the info.
Kathleen
Racing-Endurance-Performance