[RC] riding in chaps - Leah McGregor

I have been riding in a full pair of suede chaps all season. Even on a 105 degree day. I don't notice them being warm until I stop. They have saved my breeches from tears and my legs from rub marks as they help keep my weak leg in place.
I took pity on my 1500lb horse the last ride (felt bad ,tack and all I was almost 200lbs) so ditched the chaps that ride. I am still nursing a huge rub on my leg, had mult tears in my britches from branches and trees as we flew by them, and could not believe how much I had come to depend on them for my leg position.
The horse can deal with the weight, I'm wearing them next ride and every ride LOL!
Leah McGregor
www.hungarianhorse.com