[RC] Horse ID program - Spottedracer

After noticing that the Feds can track the source of bovine with Madcow. Generally within 3 days of a positive test. As well as the fact they can already find and contact all livestock owners within a 1 mile radius of a diseas quaranteen situation. Within just a few days of positive test results. (see articles concerning EIA in The Horse)

All of this has been done without a national ID system. So I do not believe that this is the full explanation nor intent for this policy.  This is what I can see the Feds/states requiring in the future (since we all know the politicians enjoy adding to previous legislation. Depencing on which manufacturer/animal rights groups are lining their pockets..)

I see future requirements for microchip Identification on all animals - including your horse and parakeet. These chips will have to be read by a government scanner. AKA - all made by the same manufacturer. The owners of the animals will have to foot the bill - or face heavy fines.

I see future regulations that will require 'premises inspection' for those that wish to produce/breed their animals. Since all animals will be microchipped - they'll be able to find you. What breeders will have to have at their facilities will be dictated by groups such as PETA. If you don't 'pass the inspection' you'll have to geld/quit breeding or face large fines. They could even go so far as to make guidlines as to what type of 'quality' your stallion must be. All of this will be passed under the guise of helping to control the population of unwanted horses. (which will EXPLODE when they get slaughter/export for slaughter banned.. According to the Spreadsheet/population models I've been running)

Besides the religious implications.  The realistic implications - Cause me to be fully against this policy.. I was a member/insured through Farm Bureau for over 16 years. I'm now insured primarily with Geico - due to Farm Bureau's support of this..
- LP