[RC] Australian Saddles - Spottedracer

We have three Australian saddles. One for my Hubby, one for the Teenager and one for me... The two guys like them for their trailrides. They are much more comfortable than westerns for a long ride. On our extreme hills, they stay in place much better, and fit the horse more like an english. They come with a built-in cruper attachement, and you can use a regular western breastcollar with them.

I use mine when I'm training a very green horse and/or ponying a horse on trails. (I ride with just a bareback pad the rest of the time) I like the Australians since the stirrups come on and off, just like a jump saddle. Since I can't use stirrups anyway - I can take them off the saddle so that they won't be banging my mount's sides.

We don't have those expensive models. Just the average mid-priced models. And are very pleased with them.

- LP